ACE publishes a variety of full academic papers.
Please click on a link below to read a paper of interest:
'Identifying validating and celebrating quality teaching' provides an overview of the development, operation and outcomes of the NSW Minister for Education and ACE Quality Teaching Awards (QTAs). These awards were designed to recognise and research quality teaching from early childhood to university level across all sectors in NSW. Between 2001 and 2011, 473 teachers received QTAs. Click here to read 'Identifying, validating and celebrating teaching', a paper by Paul Brock, Stephen Dinham, Norman McCulla and Catherine Scott.
ACE National Conference papers
ACE 2015 National Conference – Conference Proceedings 'Educators on the edge: Big ideas for change and innovation' featuring papers and interactive workshops presented at the two-day event on 24 & 25 September in Brisbane. Click here to view. Please note this document is currently only available to Conference Delegates and Members of the College at this time.
1. The ACE 2014 National Conference - 'What counts as quality in education?' publication (featuring papers presented at the two-day event in Adelaide). Click here to view.
2. ACE National President, Professor Stephen Dinham's paper - 'Primary schooling in Australia: Pseudo-science' plus extras times growing inequity equals decline' looks at how Australian primary students are out-performed by their secondary peers in relative terms on international measures of student achievement. Click here to view.
1. In a Q & A for EducatED (News + Views) - 15 April 2015, young teacher Claire Rafferty talks about the richness of her life-changing journey to the Northern Territory teaching Indigenous students. Click here to view.
2. In a Young Teacher's Views Column for EducatED (News + Views) - 15 May 2015 young teacher Sophie McQuillan writes about her new insights learnt from her first full-time teaching term experience. Click here to view.
1. ACE Darling Downs Regional Group 2014 Sam Power Oration 23 October
'Preparing young people for the future' by Dr Alan Campbell. Click here to view.
2. ACE WA Branch 2014 Walter Neal Oration 28 October, Perth
'The worst of both worlds: How the US and the UK are influencing education in Australia' by Professor Stephen Dinham. Click here to view.