Educators – Taking Action
The Australian College of Educators has been serving the education profession for nearly 60 years. The College is the only non-industrial professional association that supports and represents educators from all sectors, systems, subjects and levels. We have been doing this since 1959 and can lay claim to being the longest serving professional association for teachers in the country.
The College, from its inception, has and continues to work to:
- Provide a strong national voice for the profession
- Provide professional standards of a high order
- Recognise excellence in professional practice
- Foster the professional learning of educators, and
- Enhance the status of the profession.
The College was founded on the principle of collegiality and breaking down the long-established sectors and systems within the education profession to create a professional association that is run for educators BY educators. Further to this, ACE has been strategically designed to support and assist educators throughout their entire career journey (from pre-service to retirement).